Marie and the Misfits
by Sébastien Betbeder
An alternative love triangle swinging between fiction and literature.
Marie is an alluring young woman who lacks self confidence. When she leaves Antoine – a melancholic writer, she meets with Simeon, a jobless journalist. Yet she prefers to let fate decide for her future.
Antoine and Simeon become obsessed by an elusive Marie.
This is a story of desperate souls between Paris and an island in Brittany.
It’s also a story about a story being written.
France 2015 104mn 1.85:1 5.1 French
Envie de Tempête Productions – Frédéric Dubreuil
Marie: Vimala Pons
Les Naufragés: Eric Cantona (Antoine), Pierre Rochefort (Siméon), Damien Chapelle (Oscar),
André Wilms (Cosmo), Emmanuelle Riva & Wim Willaert
by Sébastien Tellier (Lost in Translation)
Sylvain Verdet – DOP
François Quiqueré – Editor
Jérôme Aghion AFSI – Sound
Romain Dymny – Sound editing & Mix
THR “A quirky three-way romance anchored by a trio of strong performances.”
People Magazine ” ….a closest thing France has to a Sundance-style indie filmmaker”
Festivals & Awards
- Moscow, Russia – In Competition
- Québec City FF – Canadian Premiere
- Cinemania Montreal FF – Panorama
- BIFF Bogota, Panorama
- IF Portugal, on tour
- Sao Paulo IFF, Panorama
- Noosa Australia, French Focus
- IF Dublin, Highlight
- Torino IFF, Festa Mobile Out of Competition
- GOA IFFI, India – Indian Premiere
- Fort Lauderdale IFF, French focus
- French Film Festival in Athens, Greece
- Saas-Fee Fest, Switzerland
- Crossing Europe IFF, Austria