Journey to Portugal is a politically engaged film about european procedures at airport border control and the inhuman treatment that has become totally accepted nowadays.
Of all the passengers on her plane, Maria is the only one to be detained and interrogated by the portuguese immigration police.
The situation turns into a nightmare when the police officers realize that the man waiting for Maria at the airport is Senegalese.
Illegal immigration? human trafficking? Anything is possible.
Journey to Portugal is based on a true story.
Portugal – 2011 – 75 min – HD – Black & White – 16:9 – Dolby SR – Portuguese, French, Russian – First feature
Viagem A Portugal
Director of Photography
Maria de Medeiros, Isabel Ruth, Makena Diop
Festivals and Awards
- Indie Lisboa IFF – Official Selection
- Odessa IFF – Official Selection
- Açores FF – Official Selection – Audience and Don Quichote Award
- Cottbus FF- globalEAST
- Khanty-Mansysk FF – Official Selection – Golden Taiga for Best Feature
- Geneva Human Rights IFF – Official Selection
- Buenos Aires Human Rights IFF – Official Selection
- Curitiba Film Festival
- Mexico Human Rights Film Festival
- Luxor European Film Festival – Egypt- Jury Special Mention
- Cinemed Film Festival – France
- Gijòn Film Festival in Spain- Panorama – Audience award for Best Feature
- Nanchang festival – China
- Laboratorio Immagine Donna – Italy
- Beauvais – Special Programme
- Lille – Official Selection
- Nador – Competition
- Cine Céara Festival – Brazil
- Nuremberg Human Rights Festival – Germany
- Human Rights Festival Paris
- Créteil Film Festival, Paris
- Latino American festival in Montreal – FCLM
Filmography of Sérgio Tréfaut (documentaries)
“The City of the Dead”(2009), “Lisboetas” (2005), “Fleurette ” (2002), “Outro país” (1999)