Marseille, a multicultural city.
Max is an illegal and cheerful teenager who supports her Congolese family.
Lenny wishes to be a Rap singer, the language of her soul.
Music is the bond that unites the two friends.
France – 2014 – 85 min – HD- 2.35 – Color – 5.1- French
Fred Nicolas & François Bégaudeau
Elisabeth Perez (Chaz Productions)
Camélia Pand’Or, Jisca Kalvanda, Adam Hegazy, Mathieu Demy
Festivals & Awards
- Saint-Jean de Luz, France – Best Female Award
- FIFE – Environment Festival, France
- Ciné32- Auch, France
- Annonay, France
- Sydney IFF – International Premiere
- Plein les Yeux, Amsterdam- Best Film in the French Competition
- Giffoni, Italy – Competition
- Jecheon Intl Music & Film festival – Competition – Jury Special Prize
- Anonimul, Romania – Competition
- Montréal Films du Monde, Panorama – Canada
- Macedonia Youth Giffoni, Macedonia
- Braunschweig, Germany – Kinema Youth Award
- Sevilla, Spain – Competition Youth films
- Chennai, India- Panorama
- Buff, Sweden – Panorama
The Hollywood Reporter, March 16th, 2015 – Boyd van Hoeij “Terrific chemistry” “Two winning performances deliver the necessary heart and grit” “… rare story about the immigrant experience told from an exclusively female and adolescent point of view”
The Guardian, August 31st, 2015 – Phil Hoad ” … a languorous confidence” ; ” an impressive degree of Ambiance” ; “Max & Lenny rides over prefabricated beats, but never stops speaking the truth.”